BBQ Chicken Stuffed Potato Skins with Mango Salsa
If you love BBQ Chicken, you’ll love these potato skins. if you have some leftover BBQ chicken... even better because you can whip these up in an instant. The tangy mango salsa brightens every bite making you look forward to the next one.Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos...)
Featured Recipe Techniques
More about the skills used in this recipe.
BBQ Chicken Stuffed Potato Skins with Pineapple and Mango Salsa
- Prep Time: 25 m
- Cook Time: 45 m
- Total Time: 1 h 10 m
- Servings: 4
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- olive or vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 scallion minced
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken 8-ounce chicken breast
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Pineapple and Mango Salsa:
- ¼ red onion finely diced
- 1 ripe mango finely diced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple finely diced
- 1 Jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- juice of 2 limes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 400ºF.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise. Brush both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the potatoes into the air fryer basket cut side down and air-fry at 400°F for 20 minutes. Flip the potatoes over and air-fry for an additional 10 minutes.
- Scoop the flesh out of the potato skins (save this for another use, like hashbrowns), leaving about ½-inch of potato inside. Brush the inside of the potato skins with oil and season again with salt and pepper. Air-fry at 400°F, skin side up, for 8 minutes.
- While the potatoes are air-frying, make the filling. Whisk the BBQ sauce, honey, and scallion together in a medium bowl. Add the shredded chicken and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To make the salsa, place the diced red onion in a bowl of cold water and let it soak for at least 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. Combine the mango, pineapple, Jalapeño pepper, red pepper and red onion in a bowl. Add the lime juice, salt and cilantro leaves and toss well. Let the salsa sit for at least 5 minutes or chill until you are ready to serve.
- When potato skins have finished air-frying, fill each skin with a quarter of the chicken mixture. Air-fry the filled skins at 350°F for 4 minutes. Top with the Monterey Jack cheese and air-fry for an additional 2 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top the potato skins with the mango salsa and serve.