What This Policy Statement Covers
This Policy Statement describes the following general aspects of our collection and processing of your Personal Data:
- What Personal Data we collect;
- How and why we process your Personal Data;
- When and why Personal Data is transferred or shared to third parties;
- Keeping your Personal Data secure;
- How your Personal Data is retained and destroyed;
- What your individual rights are as it pertains to your Personal Data;
- Where applicable, how we may process the Personal Data of children under 13 years of age; and
- Who you can contact if you have any questions regarding the use of your Personal Data.
- Personal Data
When you visit and use our website, order goods, or use our services, we may collect data or ask you to provide certain data, including Personal Data, about you as you use our website, order goods, or use our services and interact with us, for the purpose of helping us manage our relationship with you. “Personal Data” is any data relating to an identified or identifiable individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login (account number, password), marketing preferences, social media account, or payment card number. If we link other data with your Personal Data, we will treat that linked data as Personal Data. We also collect Personal Data from trusted third-party sources and engage third-parties to collect Personal Data to assist us. This data may include:
- Contact details, such as name, mailing address, email address and phone number;
- Shipping and billing data, including credit card and payment data;
- Your transaction history;
- Data you provide to us to receive assistance or by leaving comments on our website;
- Data about your computer or device, including browser type and settings, IP address and traffic data relating to your Internet connection; and
- Product performance data and details about how you use our website, including, which particular pages you’ve visited or favored.
- How and Why We Process Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data for the purposes outlined below:
On the basis of providing our services to you, in order to:
- Verify your identity and entitlement to products or services, when you contact us or access our websites;
- Create and manage your account when you purchase products through our websites;
- Update you on videos, recipes, and products; and
- Provide you with technical and customer support.
On the basis of your consent, in order to:
- Subscribe you to a newsletter, send updates or technical alerts;
- Send you marketing communications and information on new products and services;
- Communicate with you about, and manage your participation in contests, offers or promotions;
- Solicit your opinion or feedback; and
- Provide you with interest-based ads on sites other than our own.
On the basis of legal obligations, we may be obligated to, for instance, keep records or answer compelling orders and provide information to public authorities.
On the basis of our legitimate interest in the effective delivery of our products, services and communications to you as well as to our partners, in order to:
- Communicate commercial promotions;
- Research and implement improvements and updates;
- Evaluate and improve the performance and quality of our products, services and websites;
- Provide you with a customized experience when you visit our websites;
- Secure our systems and applications;
- Allow for the provisioning of services;
- Enforce our legal rights; and
- Share your data with partners for sales conversions and lead generation.
We will only process any special categories of Personal Data (“Sensitive Personal Data”) relating to you for specific purposes outlined above because either: (i) you have given us your explicit consent to process that data; (ii) the processing is necessary to carry out our obligations under applicable law; (iii) the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or (iv) you have made the data public.
On the basis of our legitimate interest, we and our third-party partners, may combine the data we collect from you over time from our websites, products and services with data obtained from other sources. We combine your data with other sources to improve user experience on our websites and services we provide. In some instances, Blue Jean Chef and the third-parties we engage may automatically collect data through cookies, web logs and other similar applications. This data is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of our websites, products and services to help tailor content or offers for you. Please reference the “Tracking Technologies, Cookies & Do-Not-Track” section below for more information.
On the basis of legitimate interest, we process Personal Data for network and information security purposes. Pursuant to Recital (49) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), organizations have a recognized legitimate interest in collecting and processing Personal Data to the extent strictly necessary and proportionate for the purposes of ensuring network and information security. According to said Recital (49), network and information security means the ability of a network or of an information system to resist events, attacks or unlawful or malicious actions that could compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity and confidentiality of stored or transmitted data, or the security of the related services offered by, or accessible via those networks and systems.
Both as an organization in our own right, and as a provider of food related services, it is in our legitimate interests as well as in our users’ interest, as laid down in Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, to collect and process Personal Data to the extent strictly necessary and proportionate for the purposes of ensuring the security of our own, and of our users’ networks and information systems. This includes the development of threat intelligence resources aimed at maintaining and improving on an ongoing basis the ability of networks and systems to resist unlawful or malicious actions and other harmful events (“cyber-threats”). The Personal Data we process for said purposes includes, without limitation, network traffic data related to cyber-threats such as:
- sender email addresses (e.g., of sources of SPAM);
- recipient email addresses (e.g., of victims of targeted email cyberattacks);
- reply-to email addresses (e.g., as configured by cybercriminals sending malicious email);
- filenames and execution paths (e.g., of malicious or otherwise harmful executable files attached to emails);
- URLs and associated page titles (e.g., of web pages broadcasting or hosting malicious or otherwise harmful contents); and/or
- IP addresses (e.g., of web servers and connected devices involved in the generation, distribution, conveyance, hosting, caching or other storage of cyber-threats such as malicious or otherwise harmful contents).
Depending on the context in which such data is collected, it may contain Personal Data concerning you or any other data subjects. However, in such cases, we will process the data concerned only to the extent strictly necessary and proportionate to the purposes of detecting, blocking, reporting (by removing any personally identifiable elements) and mitigating the cyber-threats of concern to you, and to all organizations relying on our products and services to secure their networks and systems. When processing Personal Data in this context, we will not seek to identify a data subject unless strictly indispensable to the remediation of the cyber-threats concerned, or required by law.
If you believe that your Personal Data was unduly collected or is unduly processed by Blue Jean Chef for such purposes, please refer to the “Your Rights” and “Contact Us” sections below. Please be aware that if it is determined that Personal Data concerning you is processed by Blue Jean Chef because it is necessary for the detection, blocking, or mitigation of convicted cyber-threats, in line with GDPR Article 21(1), objection, rectification, or erasure requests may be rejected. It is our compelling legitimate interests to protect our organization and our users from cyber threats, and therefore our interest may override your objection, rectification, or erasure requests until you demonstrate the measures necessary to dissociate your Personal Data from any identified cyber-threat.
Marketing and Community Networking
Blue Jean Chef has a legitimate interest in promoting our commercial offerings and to optimize the delivery of communications to that effect to our users and audiences that are most likely to find them relevant. We will therefore collect and process data to that end as explained below. However, where we are legally required to obtain your consent to provide you with certain marketing materials, we will only provide you with such marketing materials where we have obtained such consent from you. If you do not want to continue receiving any marketing materials from us, you can click on the unsubscribe function in the communication or e-mail, or you can contact us directly and request that you no longer wish to receive such marketing materials from us.
In addition to the purposes described above, we may, in compliance with applicable legal requirements, use your Personal Data to provide you with advertisements, promotions, and information about products and services tailored to you and your needs. This may include demographic data or trend data provided by third-parties, where permitted. Contact details, including phone numbers, mail, and email addresses, may be used to contact you. If you do not want us to use your Personal Data in this way, you can simply choose not to consent to such use of your data on the webpages and/or forms through which such Personal Data is collected. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us directly as explained below.
We may provide your data including the data about your interests in our products or services to Third-Parties for the purposes of serving you more relevant ads. Where we provide you with interest-based ads on a site other than our own, we do not track your other activities on that site. If you click on the ads on our websites, we will know only the domain you came from. For more information, please see the “Tracking Technologies, Cookies & Do Not Track” section below.
Data from Third-Parties
Third-parties may provide us with Personal Data they have collected about you from you or from further online and offline sources, such as marketing data from our partners and third-parties that is combined with information we already have about you, to provide you with more relevant communications and better tailored offers or services. We make reasonable efforts to verify that the third-parties we engage for such purposes are reputable and law-abiding and we will not solicit them to disclose to us Personal Data we do not have a lawful purpose to collect and process. However, we are not liable for any processing of your Personal Data by such third-parties prior to, during, or after they provide it to us. We may combine such Personal Data with the Personal Data we already have about you to provide you with a better experience, evaluate your interest in our products or services, or improve the quality of our offerings.
Blue Jean Chef Community (Forums, Blogs, and Networking Sites)
We operate forums, websites, and related information services, in order to better assist you in using our products and services, receive feedback and comments on certain recipes, discussing technical issues, and sharing your experiences. You should be aware that any data you provide in these public forums will not be kept confidential, as it may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your Personal Data from any forum, contact us directly as explained below. In certain circumstances, we may not be able to remove your Personal Data, in which case we will let you know why. Your use of these other services may be subject to additional terms and conditions.
Tracking Technologies, Cookies & Do-Not-Track
- Ensure the proper functioning of our websites and the proper delivery of legitimate electronic communications;
- Tailor information presented to you based on your browsing preferences, such as language and geographical region;
- Collect statistics regarding your website usage;
- Provide us with business and marketing information; and
- In some cases, to enable a third-party to deliver future advertising for our products and services to you when you visit certain websites owned by third-parties.
We use different kinds of cookies:
- Essential cookies are necessary to provide you with services and features available through our websites. Without these cookies, services you may need, such as viewing recipes, receiving newsletters, etc., cannot be provided.
- Analytics or customization cookies collect data that is either used in aggregate form to help us understand how the website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize the website for you. For instance, we utilize Google Analytics in order to track things such as: website statistics, user demographics, interests and behavior on our websites, browser, browser language, type of operating system, domain name of Internet Service Provider, device IP address web pages visited, and the times and dates of visits.
- Advertising cookies and tracking scripts are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly delivered and, in some cases, featuring ads based on your interests.
We use local storage, such as HTML5, to store content data and preferences. Third-parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use HTML5 to collect and store data. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 content.
There are different ways you can prevent tracking of your online activity. One of them is setting a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain data about you. This is referred to as a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) signal. Please note that our websites may not recognize or act in response to DNT signals from web browsers. There is currently no universally-accepted standard for what a company should do when a DNT signal is detected. In the event a final standard is established, we will assess how to appropriately respond to these signals. For more detailed information about cookies, Do-Not-Track and other tracking technologies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org and https://allaboutdnt.com.
Third-Party Data Collection
Cookies may also be placed by third-parties to deliver tailored information and content which may be of interest to you, such as promotions or offerings, when you visit third-party websites after you have left our websites. We do not permit these third-parties to collect Personal Data about you beyond such cookies (e.g., email address) on our site.
Social Media Features and Widgets
How to Opt out of Interest-based Advertising
How We Disclose Your Personal Data
We do not sell, lease, rent or give away your Personal Data. We only disclose your Personal Data as described below, within our Company, with our partners, with service providers that process data on our behalf, and with public authorities, as required by applicable law. Processing is only undertaken for the purposes described in this Policy Statement and the relevant product and service privacy notices. If we disclose your Personal Data, we require its recipients to comply with adequate privacy and confidentiality requirements, and security standards.
We may provide your Personal Data to our partners for the purpose of allowing them to conduct Blue Jean Chef’s business. Our partners go through our third-party risk management and assessment process and only after that are they authorized to promote and sell our products and services. Our partners may use your Personal Data to communicate with you and others about Blue Jean Chef’s products or services. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails from our partners, you can unsubscribe directly using the unsubscribe link or tool provided in the partner’s email or other communication to you.
Service Providers Processing Data on Our Behalf
We may use contractors and service providers to process your Personal Data on our behalf for the purposes described in this Policy Statement and the relevant product and service privacy notices accessible below. We require the service providers that we utilize to keep data secure and confidential and we do not allow our data processors to disclose your Personal Data to others without our authorization, or to use it for their own purposes. However, if you have an independent relationship with these service providers, their privacy statements will apply to such relationships. Such service providers may include in particular contact centers, payment card processors, and marketing/survey/analytics suppliers.
In certain instances, it may be necessary for Blue Jean Chef to disclose your Personal Data to public authorities or as otherwise required by applicable law. No Personal Data will be disclosed to any public authority except in response to:
- A subpoena, warrant or other process issued by a court or other public authority of competent jurisdiction;
- A legal process having the same consequence as a court-issued request for data, in that if Blue Jean Chef were to refuse to provide such data, it would be in breach of local law, and it or its officers, executives or employees would be subject to liability for failing to honor such legal process;
- Where such disclosure is necessary for Blue Jean Chef to enforce its legal rights pursuant to applicable law;
- A request for data with the purpose of identifying and/or preventing identity or credit card fraud; or
- Where such disclosure of Personal Data is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat of bodily or other significant harm to the data subject or other individuals potentially concerned.
Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Data among Blue Jean Chef and to Third-Party Vendors
To conduct our business, and in accordance with this Policy Statement, your Personal Data may be transferred to Blue Jean Chef and to our third-party vendors located within and outside the United States. All transfers will occur in compliance with data transfer requirements of applicable laws and regulations. Where Personal Data originating from the European Economic Area is transferred to Blue Jean Chef or to third-party vendors engaged by Blue Jean Chef to process such Personal Data on our behalf who are located in countries that are not recognized by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of Personal Data protection, such transfers are covered by alternate appropriate safeguards.
Throughout the course of our business, we may acquire subsidiaries, other business entities, or even sell the Company to an acquiror. As a result of such transaction, and for maintaining a continued relationship with you, we may transfer your Personal Data to a related affiliate.
If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, your Personal Data may be transferred as part of that transaction. We will notify you of any such deal and outline your choices in that event.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We maintain security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. However, no exchange of data over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. While we make every effort to protect your personal information shared with us through our Site, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with us through this Site could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
Storage of Your Personal Data
The data we collect from you may be stored, with risk-appropriate technical and organizational security measures applied to it, on in-house as well as third-party servers in the United States as well as anywhere Blue Jean Chef or our vendors operate.
Links to Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites, which are owned or operated by other companies. If you choose to visit any linked websites, we encourage you to review their privacy statements carefully, as they may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites that are owned by companies that are not within our control. Our websites may also link to co-branded websites that are maintained by Blue Jean Chef and one or more of our business partners, who are collecting your Personal Data pursuant to their own privacy practices. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on any co-branded site to which you link for information on the privacy practices of that site.
Our websites are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect data from, children under 13 years of age. If you learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with their personal information without having parental consent, please contact us immediately so that we can take appropriate action.
Managing Your Personal Data
How long we retain or store your Personal Data
We will hold your Personal Data on our systems for the longest of the following periods: (i) as long as necessary to maintain our ongoing relationship, or as needed to provide you with the products, services or information which you are entitled to or can otherwise reasonably expect to receive from us; (ii) for as long as necessary for the purpose for which we collected it or for which you supplied it to us in accordance with any product or service relevant activity or process; (iii) any retention period that is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, or to enforce our agreements; or (iv) the end of the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of our business relations or other interactions with you.
For the sake of clarity where Blue Jean Chef is a data controller processing your Personal Data for our own purposes, your Personal Data will be deleted or de-identified when it is no longer needed for its originally stated processing purposes, or any additional compatible purpose for which Blue Jean Chef may lawfully further process such data.
Moreover, where Blue Jean Chef is a data processor processing your Personal Data for the purposes and on the instructions of another data controller or data processor, we will comply with the time limits agreed with that other controller or processor unless we are compelled by applicable laws and regulations to delete such data sooner, or to retain it further.
Your Privacy Rights
If you reside in the European Union, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those rights include:
- to ask us to provide you with information regarding the Personal Data we process concerning you;
- to rectify, update or complement inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data concerning you;
- to delete or request the erasure of Personal Data concerning you;
- in certain circumstances, restrict our processing of Personal Data concerning you;
- to withdraw any consent you may have given us to process Personal Data concerning you;
- to object to our processing of Personal Data concerning you on the basis of our, or of third-parties’ legitimate interests;
- to obtain from us the portability of Personal Data concerning you which we process using automated means on the basis of your consent or of a contract you have entered into with us; and
- in the European Economic Area, to lodge a privacy complaint with a supervisory authority if you are unhappy with the way we have handled your Personal Data or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Contact us using our Contact details below;
- Provide us with enough information to identify you;
- Provide us with proof of your identity and address. Where you are a user of our services, you should email us from the email address that you used to register with Blue Jean Chef. Receipt of an email from this address will usually be sufficient to confirm your identity. In all other cases, we may request one or more identification documents, such as a copy of your driver’s license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill; and
- Let us know the information to which your request relates
We will make every effort to respond to legitimate requests within 1 (one) calendar month, or 31 (thirty-one) calendar days (whichever is longer). In certain limited circumstances, we may need to extend our response period as permitted by applicable law. Pursuant to any such requests, we may retain certain data necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse or as otherwise required or permitted by law, including to comply with legal obligations we are subject to, as well as to establish, exercise and defend our legal claims.
If you do not live in the European Union but you believe you have similar rights as described above under your local laws, please contact us
The Controller of your Personal Data is Blue Jean Chef Incorporated.
To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any other questions or complaints about our use of your Personal Data and its privacy contact us
Changes to this Policy Statement
We reserve the right to revise or modify this Policy Statement. In addition, we may update this Policy Statement to reflect changes to our data practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.