Big fries, skinny fries, I like ALL fries! While these skinny fries won't make you skinny, they do a better job of keeping you that way than their deep-fried version.Featured In My CookbookAir Fry Everything Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos and riveting information...)
Featured Recipe Techniques
More about the skills used in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 m
- Cook Time: 17 m
- Soaking Time: 10 m
- Total Time: 27 m
- Servings: 4
- 3 russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/4-inch sticks
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- Cut the potatoes into ¼-inch strips. A mandolin with a julienne blade is really helpful here.
- Rinse the potatoes with cold water several times an let them soak in cold water for at least 10 minutes or as long as overnight.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 380ºF.
- Drain and dry the potato sticks really well, using a clean kitchen towel. Toss the fries with the oil in a bowl and then air fry in two batches at 380ºF for 15 minutes, shaking the basket a couple of times during the cooking time.
- Add the first batch of French fries back into the air fryer basket with the finishing batch and let everything warm through for a few minutes. As soon as the fries are done, season them with salt and transfer them to a plate. Serve with ketchup or your favorite dip.