Air Fried Stromboli Pinwheels
Warning: These are addictive! Stromboli Pinwheels are easy to make and perfect to make ahead of time if you plan to have people over or if you have a surprise visit from friends or family. Of course, because they are so addictive, it might just be good to have them on hand all the time!Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos...)
Featured Recipe Techniques
More about the skills used in this recipe.
Watch The Recipe Video
- Prep Time: 15 m
- Cook Time: 20 m
- Total Time: 35 m
- Servings: 6
- 1 14-ounce package prepared pizza dough
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces Provolone cheese sliced
- 2 ounces genoa salami sliced
- 2 ounces sandwich sized pepperoni sliced
- 2 ounces Capicola ham
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled hot peppers
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- olive oil
- dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- Roll the pizza dough into a 10-inch by 14-inch rectangle. Spread the pizza sauce over half of the dough. Layer the sliced provolone cheese over the dough leaving a 1-inch border on the long edge at the top of the dough. Shingle layers of the salami, pepperoni, and Capicola ham and mozzarella cheese on top, continuing to leave the 1-inch border at the top. Spread the spicy mustard over the cheese and sprinkle hot peppers and black olives on top. Cut the dough rectangle in half to form two rectangles. Roll each dough rectangle up around the meats and cheeses starting from the long end closest to you. Pinch the seam together at the top. Brush both Stromboli with olive oil and sprinkle oregano (or Italian seasoning) on top. Transfer the Stromboli to the freezer for about 10 to 20 minutes to make it easier to slice.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 360°F.
- Remove the Stromboli from freezer and slice each half into 6 pieces. You will have 12 pinwheels in total.
- Line the air fryer basket with a piece of parchment paper. Air-fry 6 pinwheels at a time for 10 minutes at 360ºF. Let them cool a little before serving warm with pizza sauce on the side for dipping.