These spiced nuts are an intensely addictive snack, so be careful how much you put out at one time. They are the perfect bar snack and make a great gift wrapped in a little bag or jar too.Featured In My CookbookAir Fry Everything Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos and riveting information...)
Featured Recipe Techniques
More about the skills used in this recipe.
Air Frying 101
An introduction into Air Frying so that you can feel comfortable and confident making the recipes you find on my...View Technique
Air Fryer Cooking Charts
Complete list of air frying cooking times and temperatures are listed in this chart. All times and temperatures assume that...View Technique
General Tips for Air Frying
It is important to keep your air fyer in tip-top shape. Use the items below as guidance to continue making...View Technique
- Prep Time: 5 m
- Cook Time: 25 m
- Total Time: 30 m
- Servings: 10
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup almonds
- Combine the egg white with the sugar and spices in a bowl.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 300ºF.
- Spray or brush the air fryer basket with vegetable oil. Toss the nuts together in the spiced egg white and transfer half of the nuts to the air fryer basket.
- Air-fry for 25 minutes, stirring the nuts in the basket a few times during the cooking process. Taste the nuts (carefully because they will be very hot) to see if they are crunchy and nicely toasted. Air-fry for a few more minutes if necessary. Repeat with remaining nuts.
- Serve warm or cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 243 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g10%
Vitamin A 5IU0%
Vitamin C 0.1mg0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Comments (15)Post a Reply
i made them and it is wow
Great improvement in my old recipe that just uses cinnamon!
how do I change the cooking times for the oven?
Hi Terry. I would put them in the oven at about 325ºF for roughly the same time. Make sure you stir and turn them over once or twice during the cooking process. Check them at 25 minutes and add time until they are nice and crunchy. Putting them on parchment paper will help with your clean up too.
Hello: how can I make the spice nuts in the oven? Love your recipes!
Hi Kelli. Put them in the oven at about 325ºF for roughly the same time (25 minutes) on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make sure you stir and turn them over once or twice during the cooking process. Check them at 25 minutes and add time until they are nice and crunchy.
Made these tonight but I guess my air fryer was a bit more powerful. It only took about 12-15 min and I feel they were a bit overdone. But delicious none the less. Thanks
Can peanuts be added to this to stretch it a bit?
Sure you can use any nuts you like!
This recipe is an absolute keeper. Everyone I have gifted them to raves about them, Thank you, Meredith
Could you use Splenda instead of sugar?
Yes, you could use Splenda or honey to sweeten the nuts or you could omit the sugar altogether if you like.
Would you need to change anything if using raw nuts?
You may have to air-fry them for a few more minutes if using raw nuts.
Love your recipes. Just like my Mom cooked. Nuts are very nice. Thank you.