Mini Beef and Bean Burritos
These sweet little mini beef and bean burritos are a great make-ahead snack or appetizer – perfect for a finger foods party. You can even make them ahead of time. Prepare them completely through step 4 and then, when you are ready to serve them, stack the burritos in the air fryer basket and air-fry at 350°F for 3 to 6 minutes to re-heat.Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos and riveting information...)
Featured Recipe Techniques
More about the skills used in this recipe.
Air Frying 101
An introduction into Air Frying so that you can feel comfortable and confident making the recipes you find on my...View Technique
Air Fryer Cooking Charts
Complete list of air frying cooking times and temperatures are listed in this chart. All times and temperatures assume that...View Technique
General Tips for Air Frying
It is important to keep your air fyer in tip-top shape. Use the items below as guidance to continue making...View Technique
Mini Beef and Bean Burritos
- Prep Time: 25 m
- Cook Time: 22 m
- Total Time: 47 m
- Servings: 24burritos
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ onion diced
- 1 Jalapeño pepper seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup taco sauce
- ½ cup water
- 15 ounce canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 24 8-inch tortilla shells
- 3 cups grated Cheddar cheese
- canola oil
- sour cream guacamole, finely chopped tomatoes, chopped cilantro (for serving)
- Pre-heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook until the meat is brown and the onions are soft. Drain the fat from the pan and add the Jalapeño pepper, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, taco sauce, water and black beans. Stir to combine and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Place the tortilla shells on a flat surface. Place two tablespoons of beef and bean mixture in the center of each tortilla and top with some Cheddar cheese. Fold the bottom half of the tortillas over the filling. Fold in both sides and roll the tortillas to seal the burritos shut. Repeat with all the tortillas to make 24 mini burritos and brush or spray them lightly with canola oil.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 400ºF.
- Brush the bottom of the air fryer basket with oil. In batches, air-fry the burritos (seam side down) at 400ºF for 5 minutes. Turn the burritos over, brush or spray them with a little more oil and air-fry for an additional 5 minutes.
- Top each burrito with a dollop of guacamole and sour cream. Garnish with some diced tomatoes and chopped cilantro.
Comments (4)Post a Reply
My family loved these made them foe lunch but I am not a fan of black beans, Can you recommend a substitiue bean? thanks
Hi there. You can use any bean that you like – pinto, white cannelini, navy beans…
Do you think this recipe would work with a similar amount of refried beans instead of black beans? Or would the extra moisture cause issues in the results with the air fryer?
Hi Lori. I think you’ll be fine with the refried beans, especially since they will be contained in the tortilla.