Watch The Recipe Video
- Prep Time: 25 m
- Cook Time: 1 h 30 m
- Total Time: 1 h 55 m
- Servings: 6
- 1 cup rolled oats (or fresh breadcrumbs)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds ground meatloaf mix meat, 1 pound beef, ½ pound pork, ½ pound veal
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Place the oatmeal and milk in a large mixing bowl and let the oatmeal soak while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Pre-heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and then cook the onion, carrot and garlic until tender, but not browned – 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to the bowl with the oats and milk.
- Add the ground meats, spices, parsley, eggs and Worcestershire sauce to the bowl and mix everything together with your hands just until everything is combined. Transfer the mix to a sheet pan and shape the mixture into a loaf shape of sorts.
- Bake in the oven for 60 to 75 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer registers 160˚ F in the center of the meat. After 60 minutes of cooking, combine the ketchup and brown sugar in a small bowl and spread this on top of the meatloaf for the last ten to fifteen minutes of baking. Let the meatloaf cool and then slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 462 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 10g50%
Vitamin A 2100IU42%
Vitamin C 6.6mg8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.