Featured Recipe Techniques
More about the skills used in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 m
- Cook Time: 10 m
- Total Time: 25 m
- Servings: 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 14 ounce tomato purée canned
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 hamburger buns Kaiser rolls or potato rolls
- Pre-heat the pressure cooker using the BROWN setting.
- Add the oil and brown the beef (in batches if necessary) until no more pink remains. Set the meat aside and drain off all but 1 tablespoon of the grease.
- Add the onion, garlic and bell pepper to the cooker and cook for 3 or 4 minutes. Stir in the chili powder and cook for another minute or so. Add the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, tomato purée, tomato paste, mustard and salt. Stir well and return the beef to the cooker. Lock the lid in place. 4.Pressure cook on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the pressure with the QUICK-RELEASE method and carefully remove the lid. Season to taste again with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve over the buns.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g15%
Vitamin A 1195IU24%
Vitamin C 35.6mg43%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.