Seafood Salad with Corn and Chorizo
Seafood salad with corn and chorizo is a super quick meal to put together. It's delicious and not your average run-of-the-mill summer side dish or main meal.Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos and riveting information...)
Seafood, Chorizo and Corn Salad
- Prep Time: 20 m
- Cook Time: 18 m
- Total Time: 38 m
- Servings: 4
- 3 ears corn
- 3 links Chorizo sausage, raw, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1 pound Seafood medley, shrimp, calamari, scallops, thawed
- 1 pint cherry heirloom tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves rough chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves torn
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 4 ounces arugula 6 cups, roughly
- Pre-heat your outdoor grill until you can only hold your hand above the grill grates for a couple of seconds before you want to pull away.
- Remove a few of the husks from the ears of corn, leaving at least two or three layers on. Place the ears of corn on the grill. Grill the corn for 10 minutes or so, turning every 3 minutes, making sure the husks brown but do not catch on fire. Remove from the grill and when cool enough to touch, remove the remaining husks and silks from the ears of corn, and slice the corn kernels off into a bowl.
- Using either skewers or a grill basket, grill the Chorizo sausage slices for about 4 to 5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Toss in the seafood medley, coating with the fat from the Chorizo sausage. Drizzle in a little olive oil if necessary, and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the seafood is cooked through. Then transfer everything to the bowl with the corn kernels.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley and basil leaves to the bowl as well. Season well with salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper, and squeeze the lemon juice over everything, followed by the olive oil. Toss together and then gently introduce the arugula. Toss again gently and serve.