Featured Recipe Techniques
More about the skills used in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 25 m
- Cook Time: 4 m
- Total Time: 29 m
- Servings: 8
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 large raw shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 2 links Chorizo sausage sliced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ cups short-grain rice
- pinch saffron threads
- ½ teaspoon Spanish paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 14-ounce can tomatoes, chopped
- 12 mussels scrubbed and de-bearded
- 12 clams scrubbed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 scallions sliced
- Pre-heat the pressure cooker using the BROWN setting.
- Add the olive oil and brown the sausage and chicken, in batches and brown. Remove the browned meats to a plate and set aside. Add the onion, red pepper and garlic to the cooker and continue to cook for a few minutes. Stir in the rice and spices, crumbling the saffron between your fingers as you add it. Stir to coat the rice with the oil. Stir in the stock and tomatoes, drop the mussels and clams on top of the rice and lock the lid in place.
- Pressure cook on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Reduce the pressure with the QUICK-RELEASE method and carefully remove the lid.
- Add the shrimp to the cooker, tucking them into the rice and return the lid to the cooker. Let this sit for 3 minutes, until all the shrimp has cooked and turned bright pink. Stir everything together, adding the parsley and seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Scatter the scallions over top before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Cholesterol 64mg 21%
Sodium 702mg 29%
Potassium 580mg 17%
Total Carbohydrates 39g 13%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 18g 36%
Vitamin A 20.5%
Vitamin C 42.5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.