There are generally three different types of Paella: those with seafood, those with meat and then those with both. This Instant Paella is a mixed paella, which means there's something for everyone!Featured In My CookbookComfortable Under Pressure Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos...)
Featured Recipe Techniques
More about the skills used in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 25 m
- Cook Time: 4 m
- Total Time: 29 m
- Servings: 8
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 large raw shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 2 links Chorizo sausage sliced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ cups short-grain rice
- pinch saffron threads
- ½ teaspoon Spanish paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 14-ounce can tomatoes, chopped
- 12 mussels scrubbed and de-bearded
- 12 clams scrubbed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 scallions sliced
- Pre-heat the pressure cooker using the BROWN setting.
- Add the olive oil and brown the sausage and chicken, in batches and brown. Remove the browned meats to a plate and set aside. Add the onion, red pepper and garlic to the cooker and continue to cook for a few minutes. Stir in the rice and spices, crumbling the saffron between your fingers as you add it. Stir to coat the rice with the oil. Stir in the stock and tomatoes, drop the mussels and clams on top of the rice and lock the lid in place.
- Pressure cook on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Reduce the pressure with the QUICK-RELEASE method and carefully remove the lid.
- Add the shrimp to the cooker, tucking them into the rice and return the lid to the cooker. Let this sit for 3 minutes, until all the shrimp has cooked and turned bright pink. Stir everything together, adding the parsley and seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Scatter the scallions over top before serving.