Watch The Recipe Video
- Prep Time: 15 m
- Restin Time: 4 h
- Total Time: 4 h 15 m
- Servings: 6
- 1 apple diced
- 1 orange halved and sliced into ¼-inch half moons
- ¼ cup brandy OR RUM
- ½ cup orange liquor Cointreau, Triple Sec
- 1 750 ml bottle fruity red wine Rioja, Garnacha, Malbec, Merlot
- 1 to 2 ounces simple syrup
- soda water optional
- blackberries optional
- Place the apple and orange in the bottom of a large pitcher and stir and smash the fruit lightly with a wooden spoon.
- Add the brandy and orange liquor and stir. Add the red wine, stir and then let the mixture sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or even longer.
- Taste the mixture and sweeten with simple syrup if desired. (To make a simple syrup, combine ½ cup water and ½ cup sugar in a saucepan. Simmer on the stovetop until the sugar has completely dissolved and then cool. Store in your refrigerator.)
- When you are ready to serve, pour the sangria over ice cubes in large wine glasses, spooning some of the fruit into each glass. Top with a little soda water if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 65IU1%
Vitamin C 13mg16%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.