When life gives you lemons... make lemonade! You'll need quite a few for this refreshing summer quencher, so stock up. It's worth it!Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos and riveting information...)
Watch The Recipe Video
- Prep Time: 20 m
- Total Time: 20 m
- Servings: 8
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 lemons about 1 cup of juice + 1 lemon for garnish
- 3 cups water still or sparkling (about 750ml bottle)
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 orange
- ½ cup fresh raspberries crushed
- 3 sprigs of mint slapped between your hands to bruise the leaves.
- 16 ounces wheat beer
- Make a simple syrup by combining 1 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar in a small saucepan. Bring this to a simmer to dissolve the sugar and then cool completely.
- Juice the lemons, removing all seeds and pulp. Add the 3 cups of water (still or sparkling) to the lemon juice and then add the simple syrup to taste, depending on how sweet you would like the lemonade. I like to start at ½ cup. (If you are mixing this with beer for a summer shandy, go a little sweeter and add ¾ cup.)
- Pour over ice and enjoy.
- As an option, you can also add the juice of one grapefruit, one orange, some raspberries, or a combination of them all. And almost any version of lemonade is delicious with some bruised mint leaves.