When life gives you lemons... make lemonade! You'll need quite a few for this refreshing summer quencher, so stock up. It's worth it!Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos and riveting information...)
Watch The Recipe Video
- Prep Time: 20 m
- Total Time: 20 m
- Servings: 8
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 lemons about 1 cup of juice + 1 lemon for garnish
- 3 cups water still or sparkling (about 750ml bottle)
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 orange
- ½ cup fresh raspberries crushed
- 3 sprigs of mint slapped between your hands to bruise the leaves.
- 16 ounces wheat beer
- Make a simple syrup by combining 1 cup of water with 1 cup of sugar in a small saucepan. Bring this to a simmer to dissolve the sugar and then cool completely.
- Juice the lemons, removing all seeds and pulp. Add the 3 cups of water (still or sparkling) to the lemon juice and then add the simple syrup to taste, depending on how sweet you would like the lemonade. I like to start at ½ cup. (If you are mixing this with beer for a summer shandy, go a little sweeter and add ¾ cup.)
- Pour over ice and enjoy.
- As an option, you can also add the juice of one grapefruit, one orange, some raspberries, or a combination of them all. And almost any version of lemonade is delicious with some bruised mint leaves.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Vitamin A 20IU0%
Vitamin C 42.9mg52%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Comments (5)Post a Reply
Just made the lemonade! Nice and easy to make and tastes great.
Thank you so much for this simple and delicious lemonade. Thoroughly enjoying it and extra special on this 4th of July holiday time. Learning a lot from you chef and I’m a great grandma good cook! Consider you my friend in the kitchen. 😊
Very nice recipe, made it this past weekend with sparkling water.
Do you have a receipt for a very large craft show on Monday that doesn’t involve making simple syrup.
Hi Diane. You can buy simple syrup if you prefer, but honestly making it is so easy that it’s really a waste of money to buy it. It’s just a mix of sugar and water, heated just to dissolve the sugar and then cooled. You can read more about it here: https://bluejeanchef.com/cooking-school/how-to-make-simple-syrup/ If you need to make it in bulk, it’s just a matter of keeping the ratios of ingredients the same. 3 parts water to 1 part lemon juice and then sweeten to taste.