Sangria sorbet is an elegant and refreshing summer sorbet that can suit any occasion - summer BBQ or civilized dinner party.Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos and riveting information...)
- Prep Time: 10 m
- Cook Time: 30 m
- Total Time: 40 m
- Servings: 4Makes 1 pint
- 1½ cups red wine
- ½ cup orange liqueur Cointreau, Triple Sec, Grand Marnier
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup peeled and diced peaches
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 orange peeled and diced
- 1 cup peeled and diced apple
- 1 cup raspberries
- Place the red wine, orange liqueur, sugar, diced peaches, strawberries, orange, and apple in a medium stockpot. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a blender. Add the raspberries and purée until smooth. If desired for a smoother sorbet, strain the puréed mixture through a mesh sieve to remove the seeds. Refrigerate the purée for at least 3 hours until well chilled.
- Make the sorbet in two batches. Pour half of the mixture into the ice cream maker and churn according to your machine instructions for hard ice cream. Repeat with the remaining half of the mixture.
- Sorbet can be served immediately or transferred to a container and held in the freezer for a harder consistency.
- Serve sorbet in wine glasses garnished with some diced fruit and raspberries.