There are just five ingredients in this delicious mojito - lime, mint, sugar, rum and water. All these ingredients are easy to find in your pantry or grocery store. Mix it up, sit back and close your eyes and you'll be instantly transported to a different world.Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos...)
Watch The Recipe Video
- Prep Time: 5 m
- Total Time: 5 m
- Servings: 1
- 1 cup sugar Demerara sugar is nice
- 1 cup water
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- ¾ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice about 1 lime
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 2 ounces light rum
- 1 to 2 ounces mineral water or soda water
- Make the simple syrup ahead of time. Simply combine the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer to dissolve the sugar. Cool completely and store in the refrigerator.
- To make the mojito, combine the simple syrup, lime juice, mint leaves and light rum in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake hard for 10 seconds or so.
- Strain the cocktail into a collins glass through a fine strainer and top with the mineral water. Garnish with a sprig of mint and a slice of lime.