Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
I like a traditional pasta salad, but I love a pasta salad more it when it incorporates flavors beyond the classic mayonnaise-based pasta salads. This roasted vegetable pasta salad can be made with any vegetables, but unlike the Greek Pasta Salad on this website, the veggies are roasted (or grilled first). Why is this a great summer side? Because you can make it ahead of time – in fact it needs some time for the flavors to mingle - leaving you free to BBQ or better yet, watch someone else do the grilling!Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos and riveting information...)
Featured Recipe Techniques
More about the skills used in this recipe.
How to Cook Pasta
Cooking pasta is something that pretty much everyone knows how to cook - boil water, add pasta. However, there are...View Technique
Air Frying 101
An introduction into Air Frying so that you can feel comfortable and confident making the recipes you find on my...View Technique
Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Prep Time: 20 m
- Cook Time: 15 m
- Total Time: 35 m
- Servings: 8
- 1 orange pepper, large chunks
- 1 green pepper, large chunks
- 1 red pepper, large chunks
- 1 zucchini, sliced in half moons
- 1 yellow squash, sliced in half moons
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 ounces brown mushrooms, halved
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound penne rigate or rigatoni, cooked
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the air fryer to 380ºF.
- Place the peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, red onion and mushrooms in a large bowl, drizzle with a little of the olive oil and toss to coat well. Add the Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Air-fry for 12 to 15 minutes, until the vegetables are soft but not mushy. Stir or shake the basket halfway through the cooking time to evenly roast vegetables.
- Combine the cooked pasta, roasted vegetables, tomatoes and olives in a large bowl and mix well. Add the balsamic vinegar and toss. Add enough olive oil to coat everything nicely (you may not use it all). Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate the salad until you are ready to serve. Stir in the fresh basil right before serving.
Comments (11)Post a Reply
I lost the visual part of the live broadcast just as you had drained the pasta and pulled the roasted veggies out. Will have to try this. Sounds so good.
I made this recipe last night, was delish!! I did leave out mushrooms because I don’t care for them but otherwise it was so good and easy. Love Meredith’s recipes and her videos. They are easy to follow and make. I will pass this one on to friends. Thank you Meredith.
Made it tonight to take to a family reunion tomorrow. Using the air fryer for roasting the veggies is great for these hot days in Texas. I had to taste it so the spices would be correct – it is as yummy as it looks!
I loved this recipe! The aroma when it was in the air fryer was fabulous. After I got it in the fridge I cooked some fried chicken in the air fryer to go with it. Thanks for sharing this.
Are the cook times the same if we use an oven or should I use the convection feature on my oven? I feel like the only person on planet earth that doesn’t have an air fryer.
Hi Kelli. You can roast the vegetables in the oven on a sheet pan at 450°F for about 45 minutes. Check out my recipe for Roasted Vegetables for more info. https://bluejeanchef.com/recipes/roasted-vegetables/
Thanks for all you do. You are the best. Love your recipes and all your basic coking videos. Happy Independence Day. Hugs
Do you cool the veggies before adding to pasta?
Hi Debra. You don’t HAVE to cool the vegetables, but you can if you want to make them ahead of time.
This is an incredible recipe. I added some sweet potatoes and some green olives. I used a plum balsamic .