Greek Pasta Salad
- Prep Time: 15 m
- Cook Time: 15 m
- Total Time: 30 m
- Servings: 8
- 1 pound dried rotini or fusilli
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges OR 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1 half red onion, thinly sliced and soaked in cool water for 10 minutes (about ½ cup)
- 1 red pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1½ cups feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil or mint
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch dried marjoram
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and set aside.
Prepare the dressing by whisking together the red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, and. Whisk in the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, red pepper, and olives in a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked pasta, toss in the feta cheese and add as much dressing as you would like (you may have some dressing left over).
Finally, toss in the fresh basil or mint, and season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature in a serving bowl or over a bed of greens on a large platter.