Looking for the perfect brunch cocktail that is neither a mimosa nor a bloody Mary? Pamplemousse Fizz is the answer. It's a gin-based cocktail with the tang of grapefruit juice made sweet by elderflower liqueur with just a touch of soda fizz.Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos...)
Watch The Recipe Video
- Prep Time: 5 m
- Total Time: 5 m
- Servings: 1
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce orange liqueur such as Triple Sec, Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 1 ounce St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice
- soda water
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel a large strip of grapefruit about 1-inch wide and 2-inches long and set it aside.
- Fill a tall glass with ice and set it aside to chill.
- Fill a cocktail shaker three quarters full of ice. Add the gin, orange liqueur, elderflower liqueur and grapefruit juice. Cover the shaker with its top and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Using a strainer, pour the mixture over the ice in the tall glass.
- Top the drink with soda water.
- Bend the grapefruit peel strip in half lengthwise about 1-inch above the glass so that the grapefruit oil spritzes into the drink and then drop the peel into the glass. Garnish with grapefruit and orange slices if desired.