Mango salsa sends some summer love to tortilla chips all over the nation. It's bright and sunny and delivers a sweet note to a salty chip.Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos and riveting information...)
Featured Recipe Techniques
More about the skills used in this recipe.
How to Cut a Mango
Never was the phrase "It's what's inside that counts" more important than when tackling a mango! Here's how to navigate...View Technique
Watch The Recipe Video
- Prep Time: 20 m
- Total Time: 20 m
- Servings: 6
- 2 ripe mangos
- 1 small jalapeno seeded
- ½ red bell pepper
- ¼ small red onion
- 2 limes juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- Chop all the ingredients by hand. Finely dice the red onion and let the onion soak in a bowl of cold water while you prepare the other ingredients. Dice the mangos into ½-inch dice, mince the Jalapeño and finely chop the red pepper. Drain the red onion and combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice, salt and cilantro leaves and toss well. Let the salsa sit for 5 to 10 minutes and serve with tortilla chips, or use as a sauce for cooked meats or fish.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 45 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 985IU20%
Vitamin C 42.5mg52%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Comments (3)Post a Reply
Hello miss you on QVC. I make this all the time but instead of the red onion, use scallions. And Tostitos Scoops for the chips. 😍
My husband and I love salsa but is must be mild because neither of us can handle hot, spicy peppers, What would you suggest as a substitute for the chipotle pepper?
Hi Florence. This recipe calls for Jalapeño peppers which are not that spicy in relation to the pepper world. They add flavor and a little heat. If you see a recipe that calls for chipotle peppers (which are smoked Jalapeños, but tend to be spicier than fresh), you can substitute them with fresh Jalapeño peppers. Or (and this might be better for you) you can omit them all together and just use sweet bell peppers.