Watch The Recipe Video
- Prep Time: 25 m
- Total Time: 25 m
- Servings: 3cups
- 3 Haas avocadoes halved, seeded and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice about 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup red onion finely diced, soaked and rinsed
- ½ Jalapeño pepper seeded and minced (or leave the seeds in for spiciness)
- ½ cup tomato finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Place the avocado and lime juice into a large bowl and mash with a potato
- masher or large fork.
- Add the salt, cumin and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Stir in the onion, pepper, tomato and cilantro. Season to taste with more salt
- and lime juice as needed and serve with some tortilla chips.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 334 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g20%
Vitamin A 545IU11%
Vitamin C 30.3mg37%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.