No need to buy guacamole at the grocery store when it's this easy to make. It only takes perfectly ripe avocados and a few spices to make it better than what you can buy.Jump to Recipe (but you'll miss the tips and tricks...)
Watch The Recipe Video
- Prep Time: 25 m
- Total Time: 25 m
- Servings: 3cups
- 3 Haas avocadoes halved, seeded and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice about 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup red onion finely diced, soaked and rinsed
- ½ Jalapeño pepper seeded and minced (or leave the seeds in for spiciness)
- ½ cup tomato finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Place the avocado and lime juice into a large bowl and mash with a potato
- masher or large fork.
- Add the salt, cumin and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Stir in the onion, pepper, tomato and cilantro. Season to taste with more salt
- and lime juice as needed and serve with some tortilla chips.