Watch The Recipe Video
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Prep Time: 15 m
- Cook Time: 1 h
- Total Time: 1 h 15 m
- Servings: 20Makes 2 loaves
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups grated zucchini
- 2 ounces German’s chocolate grated
- 2 cups dark bitter-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease the insides of two 8½-inch x 5-inch loaf pans with butter. Dust the pans with granulated sugar.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- In a second bowl and using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over-mix. Stir in the grated zucchini. Fold in the grated German’s chocolate and chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between the two prepared loaf pans and transfer the pans to the oven. Bake at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes.
Transfer the loaf pans to a cooling rack and let them cool in their pans for 15 minutes. Unmold the zucchini bread and let it finish cooling on the rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.