Sous Vide Egg Bites
Sous Vide Egg Bites can make your mornings quick AND tasty. Make 6 jars of egg bites one day and store them in the refrigerator for that grab and go breakfast. They re-heat easily in the microwave (without the lid) or can be eaten cold like a quiche.Featured In My CookbookMake It Sous Vide Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos...)
Featured Recipe Techniques
More about the skills used in this recipe.
Sous Vide Egg Bites with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Cheddar and Basil
- Prep Time: 10 m
- Cook Time: 45 m
- Total Time: 55 m
- Servings: 6
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup grated Cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Pre-heat the sous vide water bath to 185ºF.
- Combine the eggs, heavy cream, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and salt in blender and blend until smooth. Put 1 teaspoon of sun-dried tomatoes in each jar and then fill the jars to the bottom lid line with the egg mixture. Screw the lids on, only fingertip tight. It should be easy to unscrew them.
- Place the jars into the sous vide water bath and cook for at least 45 minutes, or for as long as 60 minutes.
- Remove the jars using tongs (careful, the jars will be hot). Garnish the eggs with the fresh basil and eat right away, or refrigerate for another day.