Oven-Roasted Salmon with White Beans, Tomato and Spinach
Oven-roasted salmon with white beans, tomatos and spinach is a great weeknight meal but also elegant enough for a special dinner party.Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos and riveting information...)
Salmon with White Beans, Tomato and Spinach
- Prep Time: 10 m
- Cook Time: 18 m
- Total Time: 28 m
- Servings: 2
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic peeled and smashed
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 14 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounce can white cannellini beans drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces fresh spinach
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F.
- Heat the olive oil and smashed garlic clove on the stovetop over medium heat. When the garlic clove starts to turn brown on the edges, remove the garlic cloves and discard. Increase the heat to high, add the salmon fillets, presentation side down, and sear for 2 minutes to brown. Flip and cook the other side for 1 minute. Remove the salmon to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the shallots and thyme sprigs and cook briefly. Add the white wine and bring to a simmer. Add the tomatoes and return to a simmer again. Return the salmon fillets to the pan, placing them on top of the tomato sauce and transfer the pan to the oven. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the salmon fillets to a resting plate. Add the white beans to the tomato sauce and heat through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and just before serving, stir the spinach into the mixture to wilt.
- To plate, spoon the tomatoes, beans and spinach to a plate or shallow bowl and top with the salmon. Serve with a green salad and some crusty bread to wipe up the sauce.