Watch The Recipe Video
- Prep Time: 25 m
- Cook Time: 10 m
- Total Time: 35 m
- Servings: 4
- 3 to 4 5-ounce lobster tails, thawed
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 rib celery finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- lemon juice to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 top-split white hot dog buns
- butter lettuce
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Season the water with a handful of salt. When the water is at a rolling boil, add the lobster tails and cook for 5 to 6 minutes (1 minute per ounce of lobster). Remove the lobster tails from the pot and transfer them to an ice bath to stop the cooking and cool them quickly.
- When the lobster has cooled, remove the meat from the shell. (Cut down the back of the shell and pinch the sides of the lobster together to crack the cartilage on the underside. Then, slide your fingers underneath the shell and pull out the lobster meat.) Slice each lobster tail in half lengthwise and then chop into pieces. Place the lobster meat in a bowl and stir in the mayonnaise, celery, fresh herbs and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Butter the sides of the hot dog buns generously. Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat and toast the rolls slowly until a nice brown crust appears on both sides. Place a leaf of butter lettuce in each roll and fill with the lobster mixture. Serve with some potato chips and pickles.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 217 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 160IU3%
Vitamin C 2.6mg3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.