Fettuccine Alfredo is a super simple recipe that you can pull off on even the busiest of weeknights. There are very few ingredients, so as always, make sure those ingredients are the best quality.Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos and riveting information...)
Watch The Recipe Video
- Prep Time: 5 m
- Cook Time: 25 m
- Total Time: 30 m
- Servings: 4
- ½ pound fettucine pasta
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- freshly ground black pepper or freshly ground nutmeg
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions in boiling salted water.
- While the pasta is cooking, put the butter and cream together in a skillet and melt the butter over low heat. Simmer gently while the pasta cooks.
- When the pasta is al dente, transfer the noodles using tongs from the boiling water to the skillet, bringing a little pasta water along with the noodles.
- Add half the cheese and swirl everything together. When the cheese has fully melted, add the remaining cheese and continue to toss and swirl, adding more pasta water as needed.
- Finish with a good grating of freshly ground black pepper and serve.