Watch The Recipe Video
- Prep Time: 5 m
- Cook Time: 25 m
- Total Time: 30 m
- Servings: 4
- ½ pound fettucine pasta
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- freshly ground black pepper or freshly ground nutmeg
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions in boiling salted water.
- While the pasta is cooking, put the butter and cream together in a skillet and melt the butter over low heat. Simmer gently while the pasta cooks.
- When the pasta is al dente, transfer the noodles using tongs from the boiling water to the skillet, bringing a little pasta water along with the noodles.
- Add half the cheese and swirl everything together. When the cheese has fully melted, add the remaining cheese and continue to toss and swirl, adding more pasta water as needed.
- Finish with a good grating of freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 18g90%
Vitamin A 1020IU20%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.