Watch The Recipe Video
- Prep Time: 5 m
- Cook Time: 10 m
- Total Time: 15 m
- Servings: 82 cups
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups stock chicken, beef or mushroom, room temperature
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Other optional seasonings: soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, fresh herbs, cream
- Pre-heat a 2-quart saucepan on medium heat.
- Add butter and melt. Add flour and whisk butter and flour together. Cook, stirring regularly for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of stock, whisking constantly.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and thicken it. Set it aside.
When you have finished roasting your meat, pour the drippings from the roast into a fat separator. Let the fat rise to the surface and pour the flavorful drippings into the gravy. This will dilute the gravy to the right consistency and add the flavor from the roast to your gravy. If you want the gravy a little looser, gradually add the remainder of your stock.
Season to taste with salt, pepper and any optional ingredients like soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, fresh herbs and/or cream.