Watch The Recipe Video
- Prep Time: 10 m
- Cook Time: 6 m
- Total Time: 16 m
- Servings: 4
- 4 5-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- juice of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Place the chicken breasts in between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet or small frying pan until they are roughly ¼-inch thick.
- Combine the flour, salt and freshly ground black pepper in a shallow bowl. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour first, then dip them into the eggs, allow any excess egg to drip off the chicken and place immediately into the pan with the hot oil. Fry for about 3 minutes per side, until the chicken is golden brown. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate lined with paper towel and tent with aluminum foil while you finish the sauce.
- Pour or wipe out the oil remaining in the pan. Deglaze with the white wine, scraping up any bits of the chicken left in the pan. Add the chicken stock and lemon juice and simmer until reduced by half. When the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, it is ready. Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter and fresh chopped parsley. Swirl the pan to melt the butter and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and pour warm sauce over the top. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices and serve with noodles or angel hair pasta.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 459 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 9g45%
Vitamin A 500IU10%
Vitamin C 2.7mg3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.